A successful sponsor uses a conversation to qualify their lead seeing if they have what it takes to join them in a business. It takes time to build a team. You will interview hundreds of people to get a few that you like and want to spend time with. Start conversations with everyone you meet to see how they measure up to the standards that you want.
When I started out I did not get the information that I am share with you. Do an outline of the team members that you want and what they need to qualify. Knowing what you want in your team will make it easier for you to write down the questions you need to ask. Qualities that you admire in other people is a great stating point for your list of leads. Set a number for them to reach to qualify for your time. You will need to practice, so start right away there’s many people to talk to. We all make mistakes in the beginning and that just part of the learning process. When you get this down it will save you many hours and make qualifying your prospect easy. Set a time a side everyday to talk to leads on the phone.
Here are some of the qualities that I look for in my prospects.
- Honest people who do what they say when they say they will do it. I building a business relationship by being honest and expect the same from my business relationships.
- Outgoing and energetic people (You only get one chance to make a first impression so my leads had better make a good one.)
- Successful, business minded people are patient and focus on their goals, are open to opportunities and willing to work for what they want.
- Personalities that are easy-going and don’t sweat the small stuff, they are patient, kind and can easily start or join into a conversation.
- Straight-forward people can easily get to the point and they pay attention to details.
- People, who commit themselves in the opportunity, have clear goals to get what they want and follow through until they succeed.
- People who actively are looking for a home business opportunity and treat a home business as a business not a hobby.
That brings us to the qualities that no one wants to work with because of being a downer. These people only see the negative in life and are no fun. I Avoid these people they are depressing.
- People that doubt every move you make and can be negative when dealing with you or anyone else.
- Control freak, people who don’t understand the word no or have trouble letting anyone shine except for themselves.
- Unemployable people who can’t hold down a job and don’t have good work habits. If they can’t work for someone they will never work for themselves.
- People with a fearful personality are afraid to take a risk or have a fear of success, afraid of change.
- A hostile person, no one wants to spend time around mean and nasty people who will not considered others and use fear to intimidate or control.
You want the best people to join your company, so look for the business builders that want to work with a strong team. When you start qualifying you are screening people looking for those who are willing to work for what they want and will follow through with the commit they make. Don’t waste your time on anyone who doesn’t qualify, they are not worth your time. Qualify quickly and move on to the next lead.You want to develop relationships with people with connections to a network of business people. Business relationship with these people will develop over time and is worth your time.
You can’t put desire into someone. This is not a get rich quick industry and if you sponsor the wrong person you will be wasting your time. This is an emotional drain on you and your business. These relationships make your business. Face to face is still the best way to qualify a person, as you move through your day pay attention to the sale clerk or the waitress working their way through school. They may have the qualities that you admire and the attitude you’re looking for. The bank teller is working with money, clearly has a job and is someone worth you building a relationship with. Your doctor or dentist maybe looking for a business opportunity to expand their earning portfolio.
So do you have what it takes to sponsor? I don’t know what you will do with the opportunity or what your work habits are. A sponsor is the one who hand picks the people who they want to do business with and they support a team with the same qualities that they admire in others. They build a strong team of people who believe that failure is not an option and will do what it takes to succeed. The standards that you set for your team is no different then you will have for yourself as a team builder.