Starting a business on the inter-net is fun but it is work. Starting a site with your own domain name will show others that you are committed to your business. Letting your friends, neighbors and customers know you’re doing this is just another way to let everyone know you are taking this seriously.
Your site’s name (Domain or URL) is the address to your business. Domains sites offer domain names as low as $19.00 a year and come with a variety of options, including on site hosting and website building. Some give you a free page with working link options. You can use these free pages until you can afford to upgrade to a full website. If you don’t want to build a site you can have a serves do it for you, at a cost. Hosting site allows you to take many domains and host them all together. They allow you to down load your choice of themes and support different platform like blogging.
How to advertise your website? There are methods that are search engine friendly, cost very little or nothing and are simple to learn. As you start driving traffic to your site on a regular base it becomes second nature. The more people use your site the more useful it is seen by the search engines. That raises your page ranking which helps people find you when they type in the products or services they want to find and you are offering on your site. We are all green starting out, the more you do the better you will get.
The internet has more than one way to drive traffic to your site see the how to section. They also have a support phone number or e-mail in place to help you get started. The training they offer is to guide you in using their site. They show you how to set up campaigns, auto responders and opt-in for your news letter or emails. Take time to explore how it works set up a few campaigns. We all make mistake and that is part of the learning process. Education is worth your time. Use the resources available to see how your site promotion is working. Your advertising is worth more when you track your campaigns so you can eliminating the ones that are not work with something new.
Tips to get started:
- Business cards are advertising you must have. Sharing your business by asking attention-getting question. Example: Are your supplements 100% organic or can I help you make extra money? If they show an interest get their card or leave yours. You can drop them in with your with your payments, leave them at any businesses on the counter, bulletin boards, at restaurants and you should never leave home without them to hand out. The best part of a business card is it is a challenge to keep your advertising simple while delivering necessary information.
- Word of mouth is great advertising so hand and them out to people who show interest in your products or in starting a home business. People want to have access to those who leave a good impression. They may even ask you for more than one card to share with someone who might be interested. Drop cards are great they allow you to work a flyer that is not bigger than a business card, you can hand them out or leave them at places that people who like to read while they are waiting will find them.
- Email marketing with opt-in forms show that you are not going to spam them or sell their email to anyone. You can set these up through an auto-responder site. They have great services with training and support to help you get started. These services will help you design and keep track of your campaigns as well. Easy set up or you can pay for these services.
- Social networks like You Tube, Face Book and Twitter are great place for people to get to connect with you. Any where you are able to display a profile is great place where people can get to know you. Getting to know others is a great way for you to build relationships that last. People do business with people they like and know. Give a testimonial on products or services that you use and how they enriched your life. Videos and articles are great and you can post this on your site. You can add the important parts to flyers with pull offs (web address and phone number) hang on bulletin boards in colleges, grocery stores or any place that has one.
- Doing videos like, about me or give a testimonial to add to your social media post and your web site leaves a powerful statement.
- The Telephone is essential you cannot build a business on or off-line without one.
Marketing works on the internet it is a good place to start and building a profitable business. On and off the inter-net is you’re for the taking when you realize that education is the power you need to make things happen. Learning everything you can, by tapping into the educational sites that are on the inter-net. These sites work with you when you are promoting your business they keep you up on any changes. These sites keep up with the technology and teach you how it works. Just remember what work best for you now may change. Plan on checking for up-dates often, it is just a part of doing business here.
Changes to prevent spam take place now and then. Spam is a problem for all us that use the inter-net, so make sure your contacts have a way to opt-out of your advertising campaigns. Auto-responders where the only option is that you must use an opt-in form and allow them to cancel are the best way to do your email campaigns. Your goal is to introduce everyone to your site, your products, and services. Showing them your options and letting them say no if they do or don’t want it.
The more people you come in contact with the faster your business will grow! Do your campaigns with your customers needs in mind. Directing them to where they can find what they want and need. This is how they find value and they will come back for more. Make your site stand out by building value and off- line. You are in control so make an effort to promote with pride and you will do just fine. It takes time, patients you will find a way to make the inter-net work for you and your business.